Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I Fired the Realtor.

If you are like me you will read the above title to the tune of "I Shot the Sheriff." Monday afternoon marked the third time our realtor forgot to tell us someone was coming to look at the house. At around 4:30 I was about 2 minutes out of the shower, luckily it's cold enough that I got dressed right away. The house was a mess from a full day of living in it. I'm pretty sure the entire toy box was dispersed around the living room and I hadn't even made the bed. Sasquatch was inside with no collar on. Caleb said they knocked once and then were unlocking the door. Before he could do anything the door was opening and Sasquatch was running towards it. By the time I came out of the bedroom they were already in the kitchen and Caleb had Squatch in a headlock on the living room floor. Needless to say I'm pretty sure the house didn't make a great impression and I was furious. After the second time this happened I had called the realtor and told him as calmly as possible that we really needed the warning since all three of us are in the house all day long. We are never show ready without being told to be. So as soon as they left I called him up and asked if I had missed a call from him that day. His reply was, "Oh yeah, did someone come look at the house?" I went off. Apparently, I was scary enough that Caleb and Blythe left the room. However, he didn't even put up a fight so I didn't get to release all my wrath. Yesterday, he came to get the signs and the lockbox off the door and I caught him at the door otherwise the coward wasn't even gonna knock.
So let it be known... I do not recommend John Perrault as a realtor.

2 comments:

The Rozell Family said...

oh my gosh Court, i can't believe that guy! I wish I could have been there to hear your conversation with him:)

how are ya'll? We need to get together soon. I have you and blythes christmas and birthday presents!

Jeff and Casey (and Vanna) said...

i miss you so bad!!! i love catching up with you on this great read of a blog!!! love the mouse story and whats the story with selling the house...moving to memphis?