Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Caleb's First Day

Today was Caleb's first day of working from home. His computer didn't arrive until early this afternoon, so he didn't have a lot going on this morning. As it turns out, the problem was not me talking to him, but him talking to me. Apparently, me and B have a bit of a routine going on and he threw wrench into our morning. It was nice having another pair of hands with the baby, but then she took a nap and, as you moms out there know, this is when you get stuff done. Unfortunately, this is when Caleb being here became a problem. As I was trying to do things he was just underfoot. Talking to me with this big goofy grin on his face, following me around chattin' it up, and I'm not a big talker to begin with. Since B's nap is usually when I get to be by myself I did not appreciate the company. It is under these circumstances that this morning at about 10:30 I uttered the words, "If you don't stop talking to me, I'm going to have to kill you."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Court...you have my permission...haha...if Ted stayed home to work I would feel exactly the same way! Would love to talk to you guys sometime...

The Rozell Family said...

Man I hear ya Court, days when Clay is not on shift our day is CRAZY! I won't complain cause it is nice to have help but our routine just gets thrown off!

Henri said...

You know back in high school Caleb would have been the one to say something like that. I find it terribly ironic that now Caleb is the verbose one. Fate, as it were, is a b*$ch