Friday, July 16, 2010

Huh?

Tonight we tried orzo pasta for the first time. For some reason, we were wondering if it's what is used in risotto, but couldn't remember the word risotto. We finished up dinner and Caleb went to give Joe a bath and I started cleaning up the kitchen. When I was putting the leftovers away it clicked....


"Risotto." I yelled from the kitchen. (Keep in mind the whole "what is that they always mess up on Hell's Kitchen?" conversation took place about 30 minutes earlier.)
"Huh?" Caleb replied, thinking I said "where's Joe?" Since he was sitting beside him in the bathtub, and I should be aware of that, it seemed like an odd question.
"Risotto." I repeated
"Ah, risotto." Caleb replied as confirmation.

To which Blythe, who was in the bathroom helping give Joe a bath, replied "In the bathtub."

Apparently, "risotto" and "where's Joe?" sound the same to young and old alike.

2 comments:

Henri said...

hehe. Cute :) You should have called me about the Risotto.

Anonymous said...

that is funny:)