Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hello

For the past 10 days we haven't been doing much of anything.  We've been finding a place for everything in the apartment.  Gone to the beach a couple days.  The last time there was a giant dead seal washed up on the beach.  As you might imagine it wasn't a great smell so I think this week we'll be trying out a new beach.  I'm trying to find a decent salsa at the grocery store.  Also, I have learned that Blue Bell isn't sold in California, meaning, there are dark days ahead, my friends.   Caleb is working really hard now that he's in the office all day.  I think he had forgotten what it was like to have to go to work every day.  We're all adjusting.  I actually really like the apartment.  As soon as I get things hung on the wall I'll take some pictures.  The last room is the guest room which ended up being where we put everything that didn't immediately have a place to go.  So hopefully this week I'll get it ready for an actual guest bed because we've got our first visitor coming August 1st!  We're extremely excited to have Mama J come see us.  We still need to get dining room chairs and another bed and we'll pretty much be ready for company!
I have officially commandeered the new car we bought to replace Caleb's truck.  They delivered it the first Monday that we were here and that night we put the baby seats in it to take a family test drive.  That ended up being a dire mistake on Caleb's part as the baby seats have never been taken back out of it.   It's cute and smallish and white, much like me, and I'm pretty sure he's not getting it back.

No comments: