Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Not Much News

  It's our last day in the hotel, and I think I speak for all of us when I say we are extremely excited to move into our new apartment and get settled.  The kids and I have gotten into a little bit of routine over the past couple days.  We've been checking out parks in the morning, grabbing some lunch, taking naps, and then swimming until Caleb gets back from work.  
  We did go check out a school for Blythe which wasn't anything spectacular, but it's the only place I can find that has a 2 day a week option.  The people were friendly and sweet, just no one seemed very excited to be there.  I don't think we'll really know how it is until she's actually going there, so we're gonna go with it and we can always change our minds later.
  Our apartment looks out over the complex playground and the kids mostly just want to play there.  Yesterday we met a mom and daughter who don't live in the apartments, but her son is being tutored by a teacher who lives there.  The little girl was about Blythe's age, and the woman and I talked for almost an hour pretty easily so that's exciting.  They said they are there twice a week for the rest of the summer and they would come knock on our door the next time they were out there.
   That's about all we've been doing.  Hopefully, once we actually move in I'll have more to report.

No comments: