Thursday, September 26, 2013

3 Shades of Green

     We are loading up to spend the weekend with my parents in Sequoia National park.  It's been a hectic 24 hours, and last night at dinner Caleb wanted to tell me what he would be packing.  I, very sweetly mind you, told him that since I was in charge of packing the other 3 members of the family I didn't really want to think about what he was taking.  He paused for maybe 3 seconds, then replied, "Ya, I'm gonna tell you anyway," then continued with his "what socks will I need" discussion.

     So this morning, when it came time to actually put things in a backpack, I was made to sit on the bed and watch him pack.  The following is an excerpt from his monologue.  It can't be called a conversation, because I'm pretty sure I never said a word.  He literally just gave me a play by play of everything he was putting into his backpack and why.
  "I'm going to take my Cal U of PA shirt, cause that doesn't make any sense and it packs up nicely.  Then I need t-shirts.  I think I'm going all green this weekend.  Meaning 3 different shades of green shirts (he holds up his pile of 3 green shirts for me to see).  If ever I write my book it won't be 50 Shades of Grey it will just be 3 Shades of Green.  That's all I need, just 3 shades.  Now what am I going to wear today."

The best part is that for the entire time he was packing he had on jeans, no shirt, and a tactical scarf.

No comments: