Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Triathlon

Success!! I had two goals for this triathlon...

1. To finish.
2. To do so without throwing up.

With those parameters in mind it was hugely successful! This weekend, myself and two of my wonderful friends did a sprint triathlon in Austin. A sprint tri consists of a 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike, and a 3.1 mile run, in that order. This morning at exactly 7:42 for me and Hayley and 7:45 for Cassie (affectionately dubbed C-Mase) started the swim. Here is Hayley and I's wave taking off...

The biggest problem or hurdle was that the race took place in Austin. This made the course hilly and I would go so far as to say borderline MOUNTAINOUS. I would guesstimate that about 1/2 a mile of the 12 mile bike ride was flat. The other 11-1/2 miles were up and down. Some hills were long, some were steep, and some were ridiculously long and steep at the same time... Good Times!!

All said and done it took me 2 hours and 45 minutes which is not impressive. In comparison, the two rock stars who were doing it with me finished under 2 hours. Cassie finished in an hour and 35 minutes and Hayley finished in an hour and 55 minutes. They are amazing!! The one good thing about coming in last (other than getting to go much slower) is that when you finish you have quite the cheering squad yelling for you! Here I am about to cross the finish line, and I'm pretty sure those are Hayley's hands clapping for me!

Here we all are after we finished. I should sleep good tonight and if you see me in the next couple days I'll probably be walking funny cause my legs feel a bit like jelly. In the end, I'm proud of myself for finishing and unbelievably relieved it's done with!

8 comments:

Erin said...

Yea for you!

Caleb said...

I am truly very proud and inspired by my wife. I know that didn't really want to do this (being pregnant and all), but she pushed on, finished strong (pretty sure she passed someone walking at the finish line).

Great job kid.

The Rozell Family said...

You guys are awesome! I wish I had been out there with ya'll. So proud of you!

Rhonda Haralson said...

I bow to your greatness, Court, Cass, and Hayhay. I knew you could do it! Even in mountainous Austin! It all goes back to The Hill. Where you cut your teeth together. You guys beat all, no matter when you came across that finish line.

Stephanie Southard Photography said...

I am so PROUD of you girls!!! WOW! Y'all are my inspiration! I LOVE YOU!

The Dunton's said...

Congrats on the second one! I'm only about a month behind you and it's been worse for me too! Maybe it's a second baby thing. I'm so impressed that you did the triathlon! Congrats! Even if you were last (or almost last) it's a big accomplishment. Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

court...you are a rockstar! i love the post! i'm so glad i got to do this with yall. very special. caleb...thanks for being the best cheerleader ever! It made the race so much better! can i get some your pics?!?!

it was so good to see yall.
love
cass

Lainie said...

You are a champion in every sense of the word. You do what you say you are going to do - what a great character quality! So proud of you....Much love, MOM