Friday, April 20, 2012

The Genius of Joe Joe

I was trying to find a photo that showed a little bit of the mastermind that is Joe, and this was the best one I could find.  I apologize for my awkward early morning self in the background.  I don't know if I've ever explained on here why he always looks like a pirate in pictures, but we taught him to wink and so now he does it in all pictures.  The more we tell him to smile the bigger the wink gets.

We got home a little late tonight and were trying to do a quick bath and then to bed.  We went for a man on man defense, Caleb took Joe and I had Blythe.  When I went to get B's pajamas from their room Caleb and Joe were wrestling a bit trying to get the diaper on.  Joe was already giggling.  A minute later, when I'm putting on B's pajamas, I hear Caleb yell, "HEY!" and Joe give a squeal of delight that words can't describe as he goes streaking by the bathroom door butt nekkid.  Apparently, Joe had just given his dad the ole bob and weave by saying, in his sweetest little 2 year old voice, "I wanna hold you," and then going in to lay his head on Caleb's shoulder at which point, when Caleb tried to hug him, he turned and sprinted in the other direction.  He got a full 2 laps around the house before we could stop laughing long enough to chase him down.  I don't know if I should be proud or extremely scared of the years ahead of us with this boy.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Love it! You aren't going to be in California a long time are you? :-(