Monday, September 24, 2012

More Stupid Conversations brought to you by the Johnson

  Alright, here's another one to cast your vote on.  Today Caleb and I were discussing which is worse... to be obnoxious on purpose or to inadvertently be obnoxious?  Case in point.  I just asked Caleb how to spell inadvertently, after I spelled it correctly mind you, and his response was, "With an 'In' in front."  See... obnoxious on purpose.
  This afternoon I was straightening my hair, or chi-ing it up, which just so happens to block the hallway out of our room.  I like to stand far back from the mirror :)  So Caleb went to leave the room and ducked his head... so I raised the Chi.  Somewhere 2 feet from the door he changed his mind and decided he was gonna step over it... I was still in the process of raising the Chi.  So he decided to go back under... by that time I had switched to lowering the cord so he could go over it.  You get the picture, we did that 3 more times at which point he just yelled, "Ok stop!"
  I lowered the cord  he stepped over and we continued our lives.  Except he said, "It would only be better if you were doing it on purpose."  I completely disagreed.  I think it was fantastic because I was absolutely trying to help him get out of the room.  I was completely inadvertently being obnoxious.  That is the thing comedians work years on to get the timing perfect and we just happen to do it because we're ridiculous people.  I couldn't recreate that event in a million years.
  To you, the 3 people who read this blog I leave you the question.  Which is better.. to inadvertently be obnoxious, or to do it on purpose?

2 comments:

Our Green Nest said...

Yeah, I prefer inadvertently obnoxious myself...like the example given with you trying to help him but doing the opposite...Genius!

Ali said...

I think we are married to the same person. They are sooo alike. I 100% agree with you. Ben, of course, identifies with Caleb.