Sunday, December 16, 2007

1/3 Leg

I'm alive!  Sorry, I haven't been good about answering my phone or really responding to anything in anyway.  They don't call it labor for nothing, but I would say I'm at about 88% and should be good as new sometime this week.  We are all doing smashingly and Blythe had actually gained weight at her 2 day check up instead of lost it, hooray for us!  Caleb is going to work half days this week, and we are easing back into life.  

 Remember how me and Blythe were having ice wars before she was born because she was killing my rib cage?  It turns out Ms. Blythe actually moved one of my ribs.  You know how when you feel down your rib cage your ribs are all nice and evenly spaced?  Well, on my left side, when you feel down there's a noticeable hole and then the next rib is sticking out about an 1/8 of an inch.  Apparently, it will go back in, but I wasn't kidding about this kid being all up in my business.  Having now met her I can see what the problem was.
  She was 21" long when she was born and I just measured her legs to be 8-1/2" long.  More than a third of her is leg.  You know how most babies sit with their legs bent kind of like frogs... not my baby.  She sits like this...
With her legs stretched as far as she can get them.  God love her, she's too cute to be mad at!  

No comments: