Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Happy One Week Birthday, Blythe!

Here are some of my favorite moments from the past 7 days, in no particular order...

1.  The moment I saw her.  We locked eyes and she held my fingers and the past 12 hours were completely and totally worth every second.
2.  Seeing Caleb with his daughter.  I am truly blessed with an amazing husband, who is an even more amazing Dad.  Even though he is already completely wrapped around her little finger, and at this point that little finger is pretty stinkin' little. 
3.  When she smiled the first time.  I don't care what they say about gas, I choose to believe she is smiling on purpose at me, and she even got her dad's dimples... Hooray!
4.  The grandparents.  All 4 of our parents are movers and shakers.  They rarely will sit still for 10 consecutive minutes... especially Papa Tim who is always so hopped up on caffeine I don't think you could physically hold him in place for 2 minutes.  But put a grand baby in their arms and they will sit in one place for hours.  And they don't really even want to be talked to.  They are completely content just sitting and staring at her.
5.  When Grammie Lou met her.  Grammie did really good.  I was expecting her to just burst into tears the moment she walked in the door.  If ya'll know my Grammie or have heard about her, you know she cries often and can pretty much set off anyone within a 10 foot radius.  Somehow I am more susceptible to this and if I'm within 2 miles of her and she so much as tears up I will start bawling.  But she held Blythe and talked to her and did just fine until she went to hand her back to me and leave.  Well, she couldn't do it.  Started crying and had to stay another 10 minutes before she could actually let go of the baby.  During that 10 minutes, we were looking at pictures and she looks at me and Caleb and says, "Do you two know..." and then got all choked up and couldn't finish.  She finally just goes "Well you guys know," and left the room.  Still holding Blythe, mind you.  I still don't know what exactly it is that I apparently already know.

It's been a great week.  Thank you to all our family and friends who are taking such amazing care of us!  I don't think I've eaten this good in my entire life.  We love you and are so blessed to have all of you!

No comments: