Monday, March 17, 2008

The Great Stump War of 2008

I, Courtney Allison Johnson, have declared war with the stumps.  Our front flower beds are filled with gnarly, mean, ugly looking stumps.  Whatever natural green thing that once drew life from these stumps has long since passed away.  Saturday I declared war with a full shovel assault.  To show the stumps I wasn't playing around I attacked 3 of their living comrades.  After 45 minutes of hacking I called in re-enforcements in the form of Caleb.  After 45 minutes he had completely removed 2 of the ugly bushes proving, yet again, he's a big burly man and I am but a dainty girl.  Day one had to go to the home team (those of us living in the home).  We suffered minor injuries when I ran into a water faucet and scraped my shin up, a grasshopper tried to take out my eye, and a lizard the length of my forearm made a run at me causing me to scream like the dainty girl I had already proved to be.  Sunday Caleb removed the final living stump making it a highly successful weekend.  I make this vow to everyone who reads this.  No stump in my front yard will survive the year 2008.  I'm fed up with their ugly stump ways and I WILL HAVE NO MORE OF IT!!

2 comments:

Ali said...

You should see our yard...we've completely let it go. It's terrible!

Jeff and Casey (and Vanna) said...

Congrats on winning the great stump war of 08. I also wanted to let you know that since you were the only person that read our blog, I have updated it this week b/c I am on spring break. enjoy

jeff (aka face's hubbie)