Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Amazing Sears!

  That makes them sound like a circus act, and while Kale does juggle, that's not what I mean.  They are some of the most thoughtfully kind friends I have ever had the privilege of having and here's the perfect example of why.

  Blythe and I have been having a hard time lately.  She doesn't really want to be held by anyone other than me, especially when she's in a crowd.  This made Easter weekend not very much fun.  We were with family and she was yelling at everyone unless I was holding her.  
  I was complaining to Erin about it this morning.  Just a short whiny email letting her know why I was being grouchy and not a very good friend.  Then I went to check their blog and saw that Finn was having ear tubes put in this morning.  He did great and they were back home very quickly.  
  This afternoon I went about my business running errands and got a message from Kale that they had left a package on our porch.  I was expecting it to be some passed down toys for Blythe, which is always a treat and greatly appreciated.  When I got home I went to get the package and 'lo and behold McCalister's Sweet Tea and cupcakes were on my door step!!  So they have a child who had minor surgery this morning, I have a grouchy baby that I'm whining about and they're the ones leaving the most fabulous presents ever for me!  Seriously, I can't think of anything that makes me happier than sweet tea and cupcakes.  It made my day!!!  
  Kale and Erin never forget a birthday, anniversary, and now even just a bad day.  They are always the first Christmas, Valentine's, and Easter card you get.  They're amazing.  I have no other way to explain it.  We truly do not deserve their friendship, but I am constantly unbelievably thankful for it.  I just wanted to give a big shout out to brag on them because as of this moment I have no way of repaying the wonderful gift from today.  
Love you guys!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're too sweet! We were sorry that we missed you but are glad we could brighten your day. Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Hang in there - love,
Erin