Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Business of Being Born

I have much to report but don't want to write just one giant blog, so I will start from Thursday and give you a recap...
  On Thursday I watched "The Business of Being Born" with Jillian and it was really good.  I usually try and stay quiet about the whole birth center or home birth/natural birth vs. hospital/medicated birth because I would never want anyone to think their birth was less than perfect.  In the end, if you get a baby I say job well done!  This movie is amazing though and I wish more people would watch it if for no other reason than to understand why I had Blythe that way and to prove I'm not crazy.  It also made me remember Blythe's birth and the way it made me feel afterwards which was BADA$$!  Not in an "I'm so cool, I gave birth naturally" way, but in an "If you attack me I guarantee you will lose" way.  I understand how those moms pick up cars and move mountains off their children, because I felt like if I could do that I could do anything.  I also felt violently protective of my new baby.  I'm pretty sure if Fezzik had come at me with those giant paws of his I would have rampaged on him and won.  
  The thing that most stuck out in my head was someone in the movie saying something along the lines of "You go to the doctor or hospital when you are sick or injured.  Pregnancy and giving birth is neither a sickness or an injury... it's just life."  
  Then we loaded up the car and drove to College Station in what can only be described as a torrential downpour.  To be continued....

1 comment:

Jeff and Casey (and Vanna) said...

are you telling me that you gave birth in your house?