Monday, April 7, 2008

Always wear a baby if you're in the need to haggle...

  We woke up Friday morning to a very dreary looking College Station.   We drove through more torrential rain to get to Warrenton, one of 5ish little towns that make up the Round Top Antiques Fair.  It rained on us most of the day and got cold so it wasn't the most fun I've ever had in my life, but we found some good stuff and overall it was a success.  

 I wore Blythe in her carrier most of the day and you wouldn't believe the oohing and aahing that caused.  The first place we stopped to make a purchase the guy ended up just giving me one of the bottles I wanted.  Technically, he gave it to Blythe.  I was severely groped by a large black woman who wanted to see Blythe's feet.  Unfortunately, I had the carrier and B on the inside of my jacket which meant she had to go fishing around my waist for them and don't worry she wasn't shy about it.  She frisked me better than airport security in London!  We came home with some ball jars, apothecary jars, a shelf for Blythe's room, a mirror for the guest bathroom, and a tricycle.  
  On a side note... I have always wanted rain boots, but could never justify them because when do you ever wear rain boots?  Well, you wear them when you're tromping around a muddy field in the rain... that's when you wear them.  There were tons of people with cute rain boots on and I felt left out.  However, now I have an excuse to buy some!!

1 comment:

Our Green Nest said...

Yeah sorry again - I meant to tell u that...Rain boots are a MUST for SPRING Antique Weekend! :) - Jillian