Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Jesus spent Saturday with us

  Not that Jesus.  Jesus the painter.  I thoroughly enjoy writing that because no matter how many times you read it or even if you know I'm talking about our spanish painting friend it still throws you off a little. 

  I'm sure many of you have noticed that all the doors in our house are a lovely yellow color whilst the trim is a nice white.  I should say were a lovely yellow color cause they ain't no mo!  It's funny how you get used to things like yellow doors, but I'm so incredibly glad to have that done!
  While Jesus painted, Caleb and I worked on the guest bathroom.  The weekend before we ripped everything out of the bathroom and discovered there was some wallpaper that was kind of peeling up.  We decided we would just put wainscoting over that part and move on with life.  The only problem is I started messing with it.  I, Courtney Allison Johnson, started to peel the paper.  I know I shouldn't have, but it was sitting there all curled up and just begging to be peeled.  So I did it.  Ya'll know I have no self control!  Unfortunately, under the paper, I found sheetrock.  Whoops.  So then we had to spend this Saturday fixing the lovely hole I had made and evening out the wall so it can be painted.  I finished fixing it today.  I have had my project decision making privileges revoked and must now run everything I'm about to do through Caleb.  I can't say I especially blame him for this new ruling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So much has happened in my absence! I can't wait to come see the transformation.

Dinner soon? :)